Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Song Review: Firework-Katy Perry

Assalamualaikum..

This morning, I listened to a song by Katy Perry, Firework, while waiting for my sis who's still on the phone.
I've heard the song before coz some of my friends have sang the song..but i jas knew that the singer is Katy Perry and the title is Firework.

When i listened to it, i relate it to reality. It matched.

FIREWORK




Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag
Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in
Do you ever feel, already buried deep
Six feet under screams but no one seems to hear a thing
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'cause there's a spark in you, you just gotta ignite
The light, and let it shine
Just own the night like the forth of july


the first stanza, it tries to dig of what we felt about ourselves  now and before. Have we ever felt of what she mentions in the song? 
The feeling of useless like an unwanted plastic bag, like a weak thin paper. couldn't defend itself when the wind blows.


and the main one of what she wants to stress is the feeling of keeping everything in ourselves; happy, sorrow, problems, dissatisfaction and more.


However, it can be solved becoz, we are a great person but we just need a push to ignite the courage to face our fear.

'Cause baby your a firework
Come on show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go 
Ah!, Ah!, Ah!
As you shoot across the sky
Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colours burst
Make 'em go 
Ah!, Ah!, Ah!
You're gonna leave 'em all in 
Awe! Awe! Awe!


She convinces us by saying " you are a firework" where personally i think it means " come on! you are more than just an ordinary person! You can do it."


Show them to those people who think you cant, who mess up with your head..We need to show what we really want, what we really are. do not torture our soul just to satisfy those people. You live for yourself not them.


You don't have to feel, like a wasted space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
Maybe a reason why, all the doors are closed
So you could open one, that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow
And when it's time, you'll know
You just gotta ignite
The light, and let it shine
Just own the night, like the forth of July

'Cause baby your a firework
Come on show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go 
Ah!, Ah!, Ah!
As you shoot across the sky
Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colours burst
Make 'em go 
Ah!, Ah!, Ah!
You're gonna leave 'em all in 
Awe! Awe! Awe!

Boom Boom Boom
Even brighter then the moon moon moon
It's always been inside of you, you, you
And now it's time to let it through

'Cause baby your a firework
Come on show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go 
Ah!, Ah!, Ah!
As you shoot across the sky
Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colours burst
Make 'em go 
Ah!, Ah!, Ah!
You're gonna leave 'em all in 
Awe! Awe! Awe!

Boom Boom Boom
Even brighter then the moon moon moon
Boom Boom Boom
Even brighter then the moon moon moon


The other stanzas are just like the first and second. only the lyrics changed. i totally agree with this song.
Sometimes, I feel what the song tries to suggest. 
Sometimes, I care too much about what people would say, feel or think about me if i am not  what they would love me to be. I'm concern of what would happen to me if I dont have them besides me.


If I'm angry or unsatisfied with anyone, I wont show my true feeling. It's whether i show them a bit or, i just keep silent; write it in my diary, blog or cry silently.


and I hate when people call or remember about me when they need me. but when they don't, they choose to be with the person they like most and leave me alone. I hate it. very much. but i tell them not about that.


When i keep everything inside, i feel like firework is bursting in my chest. It feels pain but I let it burst inside. Just like the song.


p/s: if you disagree on what i wrote about me above, maybe you haven't know me better enough:P
well, maybe you would say, "why would i even bother."


LOL






If you burst fireworks in a closed box, what will happen inside the box?
It is whether, the box will be black or burnt.
but if you burst fireworks to the sky, it will be beautiful.
But, like a firework, if you did not use the right way to express your feeling, it might hurt other people.
If you are not careful of where you ignite the fireworks, it might blind someone, or hurt anyone.




JUST A THOUGHT FROM ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment